The National Centre for Domestic Violence was established in 2003 to help survivors of domestic violence and abuse obtain protection against an abuser, as well as offering services to the police, probation service, domestic abuse agency workers, the legal profession and judiciary.
We specialise in providing free, fast and effective support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse, usually by helping individuals obtain injunctions from their local county court. This free service is provided to everybody, regardless of their financial circumstances, sexual orientation, race, gender, age, political, religious belief or otherwise.
In brief, our help includes:
- Free Injunction service to everybody
- Injunctions often within 24 hours
- A large framework of Legal Aid family solicitors throughout the country
- Emergency Prohibited Steps Orders
- Emergency Non-Molestation and Occupation Orders
- Direct links with Local Authorities, health centres, refuges, Women’s Aid Centres and other services
We do not charge victims of domestic violence or abuse for this help, we never have and we never will. Sometimes the Legal Aid Agency will demand payment which we will help you navigate and provide you with a solution this if this occurs.