NCDV is one of the founding members of the Global Leadership Network for National Domestic Violence Support Services. The group was established early 2019 by Nicole McMahon of 1800RESPECT in Australia.
The role of the Global Leadership Network for National Domestic Violence Support Services is to enable collaboration with the global domestic and family violence and sexual assault sector. Bringing together national support providers with knowledge and experience in support to people impacted by violence and abuse in their own country.
Nicole’s idea was to create a global platform to share ideas, trends and create a learning experience. The current members are:
· Sala Fuchs, National Domestic Hotline, US
· Katie Jones, National Domestic Hotline, US
· Marisol Contreras, National Domestic Hotline, US
· Mark Groves, The National Centre for Domestic Violence, UK
· Melissa Grant, Homecare Medical, NZ
· Brian O’Connell, Homecare Medical, NZ
· Paul Moger, 1800RESPECT, Australia
Mark Groves CEO said “When Nicole first spoke to me, I thought it was an excellent idea. We all have our heads down doing our best every day, it’s great to know that across the other side of the world people are also trying their hardest to help victims. There is a practical problem of time differences during our quarterly conference calls but that is a small inconvenience to be part of such a group.”