The first week in March was the Male Domestic Violence Awareness week which brought focus on all the men in the UK who are abused and not helped. The Centre tried to reach out to as many individuals as possible through radio, tv and magazines focusing on all the neglected men in the UK. 1 man dies every 3 weeks caused by Domestic Violence and due to factors such as shame and embarrassment most men will not seek help to get out of the abusive relationship.
During the week Dr. Steve Connor held several radio interviews which will be online soon.Below are a few statistics about male victims of Domestic Violence. They are suprising and shocking and as one of the only national charities who helps both men and women we find that it is very important to encourage everyone who is in an abusive relationship to seek help now and get the security and freedom that you deserve.
Male Domestic Violence statistics:
- The police receive a 999 call every three minutes from a male victim
- 1 in 6 men will experience Domestic Violence in their life
- Every third victim of Domestic Violence is a man
- Domestic Violence equates to approx 25% of all reported violent crimes
- 9% of all reported violent crimes are Domestic Violence cases involving male victims
- Approximately 4 million men are affected every year by domestic violence
- Practically the same percentage of men as women are victims of severe acts of Domestic Violence.